We can assist you with:
- understanding and guidance through the process
- challenging care needs/financial assessments
- advising with regards to Deprivation of Liberty (DOLS) Assessments
Protecting assets and paying for care needs
In the difficult event that a friend or family member requires residential or nursing care, it can be difficult to know where to start. For example:
- How does one find the right care home?
- Can care be provided in the individual’s home?
- How will the care be paid for?
- What is a financial assessment?
- What assets can be assessed?
- What assets should be excluded from assessment?
- What income can be assessed?
- What benefits is the individual entitled to?
- What should the Local Authority be doing?
We can help you answer those difficult questions or guide you to the appropriate places to find the answers which you need.
Disputes relating to care needs
It might be that you are not happy with the process that has been undertaken or the care being provided. It might be that you are unhappy with the way the Local Authority has carried out its assessments and wish to challenge them.
Our team will provide you with realistic advice which will hopefully achieve the desired outcome as quickly and efficiently as possible.
How we work with you
Whilst based in the South of England, Paris Smith acts for businesses and families throughout the UK. Technology has enabled us to provide a high level of service to our clients whether they are local to our offices or not. Our advice can be given in many ways:
- Over the telephone
- Via video conferencing
- In face to face meetings
We will talk through how you would like to be contacted and the best ways for us to meet in our early conversations with you.
You may also be interested in